Friday, April 01, 2005

Drifting Through

This is the first blog entry I have made here. I don't have much to write about at this moment; I basically just wanted to test if it works and looks good. But I am listening to a very interesting song called "Frame by Frame" by The Honorary Title. The lyrics hit home for me.

Days bunch up in weeks, collaborate in months against me. The sheets are stained with evidence that our remains are now drifting away.
I share with complete strangers my most personal of pleasures. I spend hours at my leisure, like sharpened precise tweezers.
Drifting through in the frame by frame.
I'll walk the same path.
I'll say the same lines.
I'll do this everytime.
That gives you a sense of how my life feels right now. I go to class, hang out with friends, make empty plans, and through it all it feels as though there is no guiding principle for my actions besides the desire to make it through the day and start the next one. I really do feel like I drift through the events of my life.
Mitch Hedberg died recently. So did Terri Schiavo (Thank God!) and the Pope is on life support or something to that degree. So much death has happened in my life all at once this past winter that it doesn't faze me when famous people die anymore.
On the upside, I'm not sad about any of this. I've become content with things that in the past would have destroyed me internally. When I really think about it, I am disgusted at that fact. I really do wish I could feel convicted to organize my life in a certain fashion. Right now I'm content with simply drifting through until summertime, but the more I talk with friends back home, the more I realize that I would rather come home a hero than have to use this summer as time to resurrect the former, passionate me.

I don't like this entry now that I look it over, but I want to post something and I don't have the inspiration to write something better, so it stays. Hopefully in the future I will be able to do more than complain about insignificant, vague problems of mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~M~ said...

You seem to be the only one besides me who knows who Mitch Hedberg was. I understand how you feel. I think it's called a quarter life crisis or something.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home