Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sometimes Virginia Wesleyan really bums me out. The only good friends I have here are my friends in East, ad if I'm not hanging out with them or doing something fun with Holly, I'm wishing I was at Tech or Mason, or somewhere big. I want to be overwhelmed by the number of people around me, and I want to know that there are other people out there. But it feels like there is no one else at VWC.

But I try to not be a whiner about it. There'll be times when I get really bummed out by it (and that's happening more frequently now), but I need to stop doing that. I always feel good after doing some homework or reading a book, and I don't need a social life for that. I mean, I want a social life, but if I can't seem to find a good one here, I need to remind myself that I have one at home, and while I'm here I can do other things that uplift me, like learning. That's why I'm here anyway. I guess that makes me a nerd.

I really want to go to NYU for part of the summer to take a class up there. To learn philosophy at a bigtime university in the middle of Manhattan and to stay in Greenwich Village for a month would be fantastic. But I dont think its gonna happen because it will cost about 5 grand, and my parents can't front that kind of money right now for something like that. However, I may still be able to live in New York for the summer.

It's Drew's birthday today, ao me and Holly are about to go out to Plaza Azteca with Drew and Ivy and I'm guessing some other people too. It's a good thing too, cuz I'm starving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home