Friday, December 23, 2005

Stranded

That's right folks. I am stranded at the top of the Appalacian mountains in West Virginia tonight. The good news: they have running water and the internet (obviously). The bad news, however, is that I had several things planned for tonight back in Stafford. If I were home right now, I'd have already hung out with Ashlee for a while, had a cup of coffee with Kimmy, maybe would have gotten to see Kelly for a bit, and would be currently preparing to violate yard reindeer with Joe and Ronnie. Instead, I am here. Stranded.

The party at Wayne's last night was bangin'. I got to see several people I haven't seen in a while, witnessed several church friends get smashed, and I got to jam with Ryan and Justin Loucks for a good hour in Josh's room. I had a good time. Until I had to wake up this morning at 8am to come to West Virginia. I hope to God we leave EARLY tomorrow. I may still be able to hang out with Kimmy a little (which I've been wanting to do ever since break started, but things have gotten in the way, I guess). Joe may be up for something. But most likely, it will be too late to salvage this disasterous turn of events. Christmas Eve is not usually a good day for hanging out with people.

I started reading "The Myth of Sisyphus" by Albert Camus. It was incredible for the first 3 or 4 pages, but I've come to the conclusion that it is either a terrible translation from the original French or it is way too pretentious for my taste.The actual analysis of Sisyphus and his eternal torment at the end of the book is well done, although some points ought to be clarified further. Maybe he does that clarification somewhere in the rest of the essay; I failed to pick up on it.

I think I'm going to try sleeping now. That is, afterall, one of the greatest cures for boredem, and shall allow time to pass quickly under the radar of my consciousness so that I may return to Stafford with much haste.

I also miss the mix tape I made for myself. I can only listen to David Phelps and Bill Gaither for so long before I explode into a giant green monster with purple pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home